Born and bred in Paris, Rachelle Goodwin is a passionate fashion devotee with an exceptional knack for identifying emerging trends. Holding a degree in Fashion Design from the esteemed École de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne, Rachelle combines her deep understanding of haute couture and urban style in her writing. Her fondness for 90s hip hop fashion and relentless pursuit of classic vintage pieces are evident in her work.
Ah, classic movies, a treasure trove of timeless fashion inspiration! If you're looking to dive into the world of iconic fashion in film, I've got you covered. Here are some must-watch movies that will transport you to different eras and leave you in awe of their sartorial brilliance.
1. "Breakfast at Tiffany's" (1961) - Audrey Hepburn's portrayal of Holly Golightly is the epitome of elegance. From her little black dress to the iconic oversized sunglasses, this film is a masterclass in timeless style.
2. "Gone with the Wind" (1939) - Set in the Civil War era, this epic film showcases Scarlett O'Hara's extravagant wardrobe. Think voluminous ball gowns, corsets, and wide-brimmed hats. The fashion in this movie is nothing short of breathtaking.
3. "Annie Hall" (1977) - Diane Keaton's portrayal of Annie Hall introduced a new wave of androgynous fashion. From oversized blazers to wide-leg trousers and bowler hats, this film popularized the iconic menswear-inspired look for women.
4. "Roman Holiday" (1953) - Audrey Hepburn shines once again in this romantic comedy. Her wardrobe, designed by the legendary Edith Head, features elegant and feminine pieces like A-line skirts, boatneck tops, and headscarves.
5. "Clueless" (1995) - This cult classic is a time capsule of 90s fashion. Cher Horowitz's preppy and plaid-filled wardrobe, complete with mini skirts, knee-high socks, and matching sets, continues to inspire fashion trends today.
6. "Funny Face" (1957) - Audrey Hepburn takes center stage once more, this time as a bookish girl turned fashion model. The film showcases stunning haute couture creations by Givenchy, making it a must-watch for fashion enthusiasts.
7. "The Great Gatsby" (2013) - Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of F. Scott Fitzgerald's novel is a visual feast. The film captures the opulence of the 1920s with its dazzling flapper dresses, beaded headpieces, and Art Deco-inspired jewelry.
8. "Pretty Woman" (1990) - Julia Roberts's character, Vivian Ward, undergoes a transformation from streetwalker to sophisticated lady. Her wardrobe evolves from bold and daring to chic and elegant, featuring iconic pieces like the polka dot dress and the red opera gown.
9. "Rebel Without a Cause" (1955) - James Dean's rebellious style in this film, with his leather jacket, white T-shirt, and blue jeans, became an enduring symbol of teenage rebellion and laid the foundation for the iconic "bad boy" look.
10. "The Devil Wears Prada" (2006) - This film offers a glimpse into the cutthroat world of high fashion. Meryl Streep's portrayal of the formidable Miranda Priestly showcases a wardrobe filled with designer power suits, statement coats, and killer heels.
These movies are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to classic films with iconic fashion. So grab some popcorn, sit back, and let the magic of these timeless movies inspire your own personal style.